Get really comfortable with your camera equipment:
In our Photography The Basics course, we will demystify each of the systems that make up your camera, e.g: shutter, aperture, ISO, metering and whitebalance. We will explore how each of those work, why they are needed, how they do what they do and why you should care. Then we discover how to use each of them artistically to improve your photography.
We’ve organized the course for you in six lessons that each delve deeply into a particular topic. Each lesson concludes with an assignment, which you can do on your own time to get some hands-on practice, and a quiz you’ll need to pass before you can move on to the next lesson.
You do not need to do the assignment before you take the quiz. In fact, it may work best for you if you take the quiz immediately after you’re through with the lesson and then do the assignment later in the day or even over the next couple of days.
This course is packed with information, but it should be fun, too. That’s what we strive for, anyway. Remember that we are always available during our free weekly webinar to answer questions if there’s anything you need to clarify.
You'll need your own digital camera (DSLR would be preferred) and the booklet that came with it.
Course ContentLessons Status1234
Lesson 4: Exposure and Composition
- 01: Shutter & Aperture Together
- 02: Exposure Basics
- 03: STOP(s)!
- 04: Meters and How They Work
- 05. Built-In Meters
- 06: Scenes That "Fool" Your Meter
- 07: Hard-to-Meter Scenes (A handy cheat sheet)
- 08: Composition Guideline 1: Simplicity
- 09: Composition Guideline 2: Rule of Thirds
- 10: Composition Guideline 3: Symmetry
- 11. Composition Guideline 4: Lines
- 12: Composition Guideline 5: Framing
- 13: Composition Guideline 6: Mergers
- 14: Lesson 4 Assignment
- 15: Easy Quiz!
Sep. 06, 2014 Online Instruction,paid,Photography Classes NH No Comments